Food packaging production hygiene certification UNI EN 15593
The standard EN 15593 is the first voluntary European rule governing hygiene management in the food packaging production.
The norm is the timely response and technically relevant to producers’ requests, also meets the expectations of users in terms of hygiene and safety.
The standard can also be applied to all activities relating to the production of packaging. It is certainly the first document of European importance field, adopting the typical language of Packaging industry.
The standard is the result of a public initiative and not by a private corporate needs. It is the fruit of a Working Group (CEN TC 261 WG 1) that expressed and implemented national interests and supply chain, is drafted so as to facilitate dialogue and collaboration along the supply chain.
The contents of EN 15593:
- Declines the concept of “HACCP” in a clear and understandable to the packaging industry
- It presents information concerning the prevention of contamination
- It requires analysis of production sites, starting from the outer areas, to consider property, plant and equipment
- It defines the rules to be applied to the behavior of the staff
- It provides neither attachment nor lists, or guidelines
- does not qualify as a positive list of requirements
- It is drafted so as to facilitate dialogue and collaboration along the supply chain
- It is unique for all the types of packaging
- It is drafted so that the application is simple and not too costly