Occupational health and safety certification OHSAS 18001
A company to be competitive and to be responsible must simultaneously create and spread a culture of safety and prevention in the workplace, identify control potential risks and to respect the current regulations concerning safety.
The Italian legislation, with the entry into force of the Consolidated Law on health and safety at work, introduced more stringent reporting requirements to address the problem of workplace accidents.
Moreover, in addition to the risk of breaking the rules, be subject to penalties and reduce productivity, organizations are likely to see increasing operating costs, insurance premiums and subpoenas.
The adoption of a management system for the Health and Safety at Work (SSL) is used to identify and control the risks associated with health and safety at work, reduce the number of potential accidents, comply with legislation and improve in continuously its performance.
The OHSAS 18001 promotes the implementation structured planning and management of a management system for the Health and Safety at Work. It ‘also integrates with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, which allows you to easily implement an integrated system for quality, environment and safety.
The compliance of the business system according to OHSAS 18001 allows to achieve the following advantages:
- Helping to implement a virtuous cycle that can lead to reduction in the number of accidents, downtime and associated costs.
- Assess and manage risks related to health and safety.
- Promote a new culture on health and safety within the organisation.
- Demonstrate the legal and regulatory compliance.
- Reduce the cost of insurance for civil liability.